Thursday, March 21, 2013

housewife.


I'd be lying if I said we weren't moving in a week.

to a house.

With the help of ...myself...I have been preparing for this day for a long time.  Not with matching linens, coordinating colors, beautiful lamps, and fake flowers...

I get the next best thing to having pinterest in time for the 'wedding'.  Pinterest for the 'home'. I'm being really sarcastic right now because the hours i've spent on pinterest have amounted for probably 3 failed recipes and a lot of funny quotes I repeat to people and use the source as "pinterest"...half hearted and almost proud for some reason.  Actually, I will not speak ill of pinterest because the one and only Mrs. Sharlene Bronson is on there as well and it wouldn't be such a bad thing if I always copied my mom now would it.

Anyway-- I've got some nice Benjamin Moore paint colors and some pictures for inspiration for the rooms in my head.  I have this picture of myself walking in the front door with a big bag in each hand...dropping them at the same time and looking around blankly not knowing what to do with myself.

We are pretty excited to call a place 'home'.  Like the real home where people come and get comfortable and feel welcome.  Where once we move away we'll come back and drive down the road and feel all nostalgic and weird because the new owners painted the door a diff. color.  We tried that when we went back to provo and let me tell ya that the feeling was....not like that.

I'm excited to be creative, decorate, own things, and play house a little bit. Can't wait.