Friday, March 29, 2013

24


I have always enjoyed the tradition of going to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday.  Although this picture makes it seem like my dessert was small and manageable, I actually engulfed the one more out of focus.

A 24th birthday mid-week is comparable to that of my 9th birthday mid-week.  You are sad you have to go to work/school, but know it's probably a bigger birthday party than you would get on a Saturday because of course 9 is an 'off' age...not eligible for a 'friend' party.  My coworkers went above and beyond with decorations, flowers, desserts, and balloons.  I have been trying to cut back on daily sweets and snacking so they of course thought of that as well with some veggies available. 

Traffic didn't give me any favors for my birthday, but we were seated fast at the ole' cheesecake factory in the non-negotiable 'booth' table.  Our best conversations seem to be over dining in restaurants, even though we have tried to stray from that scene as of recent penny pinching.  Makes me feel grown up or something sitting across from my man and talking about our lives.  

24 seemed like a pretty large jump for  me.  It's like having numbers on a long strand, but some numbers are farther away from each other.  24 is one of those. I'm sure it will prove to be a wonderful year and am excited for all of the experiences.  Mostly excited for the day to day simple successes and just making the choice to be happy and laugh a little more and making some good memories.  I feel like I'm getting old-- my mom laughed when I said that.  

24 years young and counting.