Wednesday, May 14, 2014

baby showers

I was thrown some amazing baby showers. I can't even begin to tell you how I do not like to be the center of attention-- especially opening presents in front of people! My mom threw me a surprise bday when I was 17 and I don't think I wanted to talk to her for a week. Sad!

But people know me pretty well and my baby showers couldn't have been more perfect for me. My sister Kristen, SIL Karlee and my mom threw me a baby shower on April 4th in Utah during conference. A lot of my good friends from college and high school were able to make it along with a ton of my girl cousins and some family. It was great. It was held at a little pizzeria in downtown salt lake. 





Some of my Reeves cousins. I'm not going to put up all my pics on here but man was it good to see so many people supporting me. There were about 20- 25 people that I was able to see in Utah!


My mom surprised me with a stay in the Grand America hotel. It was so fun to have some girl time and hang out with her. 


The reason I was in Utah was to listen to my aunt Linda speak in conference. She is my mom's older sister and has been a big influence in my life. I think she did a great job and it was the closest I've been at conference. I'm a little biased but I thought she did amazing. Watch HERE


I always try and make it a point to see my cousin Emily when I'm in Utah. She is buried in Bountiful right by the LDS temple there. A view of the valley that I've seen with her a million times. She passed in a car accident while about 20 minutes from my home in Boise when we were 17. It is an understatement to say we were best friends. She got her BYU college acceptance letter about a week after she passed and we were planning to be college roommates. I don't profess to have a lot of close girlfriends and sometimes I wonder why my closest friend was taken, but I know my life has been blessed and I wouldn't be who I am today without this experience. She continues to be such an influence in my life.



Charlotte Baby Shower

My Charlotte baby shower was on May 10th. It was a small brunch with some great friends. I can't believe how nice and thoughtful everyone is. I love all my friends and I'm so thankful for all the friendships I have here in Charlotte. I laugh and laugh so much when I'm with them.






My neighbor made these cupcakes. She is great!

My coworkers also threw me a surprise baby shower at work. I had NO idea that they were planning on it. My boss tricked me in coming into a conference room where a bunch of my coworkers were with presents and cupcakes. I love the people I work with and it meant so much to me!



We celebrated my first mother's day on Sunday. I wasn't really planning on celebrating but Calvin seemed to think I deserved a lot of attention. He woke up and made me breakfast. I wasn't feeling well so he took me on a drive (which is our favorite thing to do). We sat by the lake and enjoyed the warm weather together.


We spent the later half of the evening skyping with our LDS missionaries. My brother Parker and Calvin's parents are approaching their year mark. I am very close with my brother and he now refers to himself as "Uncle Elder Bronson".  This guy is a lady magnet-- when I say 'lady' I mean girls from 2- 8 are always all over him. He loves kids and can't wait to be an  uncle. Calvin's parents are doing well in Chile. We miss them here in Charlotte and it's hard that they're gone. We laugh and smile at our memories, but know the love they are sharing with the Chilean people is what they are supposed to be doing. 

I am so thankful for all the wonderful people in my life. I sure have felt so blessed. 

35 weeks these days!!!