Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014!

2013 just seemed to fly right by!

For some reason I was so excited for the new year to start. I love the feeling of starting fresh although I make new 'resolutions' daily it seems. 

Calvin and I shared our exciting news that we are adding a new Schramm to our family. We are very excited.  We were feeling that it was about time to start our family, but wow did it come fast! We were surprised, but very happy about the news. It seemed to work out just right for us. 

I found out at around 6 weeks or so.  I was out to dinner with a good friend and she talked about pregnancy a lot that night.  She works at a hospital and we were just talking about our lives. It was the weirdest thing, but on our drive home I started feeling very nauseous.  It didn't even enter my mind that I was pregnant but that night I was so restless.  I woke up at 5:00 am and headed to the gym because I couldn't sleep.  On my way home I had the hunch to stop at the pharmacy and by some pregnancy tests. To be truthful, I had never bought them before, but felt an overwhelming feeling that I knew the answer before I even had to take one. 

I spent a couple hours writing in my journal mentally closing a chapter in my life and shared the news with Calvin. Of course, he was as happy as could be.  He will be an amazing dad. We couldn't be more excited. 2014 will be an amazing year.