Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Battle in Our Brains

Well -- this is a pretty ironic blog post.  I got this article from a friend on facebook, which I don't normally take the time to read--articles from fb that is.

It was so fitting for me to hear at a time where this has been on my mind for the past couple weeks.  We live in an unfamiliar time to the rest of history where technology has sky rocketed to be the most important thing in our day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute lives.

I knew that this 'technology' was becoming a bother to me when I ruined a perfectly beautiful real life moment, by taking out my phone and checking a social network.  No one had to say anything without me feeling uncomfortable and disappointed in myself.  It showed that I cared about the information or acceptance I was getting from the phone checking more than the actual experience.  No need to get too down on myself because this type of thing isn't new. It's been years since we have formed habits to check virtual relationships and use it in various ways in our lives.  It's all good, but I think it's been bugging me because I couldn't control it as much as I wanted to.

These feelings come in waves.  Sometimes you tell the world and yourself that you could careless about what's going on in the fb world or you hate twitter, or instagram is for people to show off  etc. etc. but even though I feel like this-- i still do it!!! yikes

This isn't a crazy super turn around post but I did want to jot down my thoughts on my blog. When you get a taste of real feelings, and real friends, and real conversations-- it's what really matters.

I actually felt if I didn't check those things, that I was in some way 'missing out'.  But what I was really missing is the 'real' experiences.  I knew this trap was always there and sometimes I get caught in it in varying degrees.  So just another one of those reminders for me to step back and reevaluate what I'm really craving.

Life is Wonderful!!!

http://segullah.org/daily-special/the-battle-in-our-brains/