Monday, February 16, 2015

New Year Update

Post from about a week ago!!

Some things have happened in the past bit!

Andie turned 6 months and I made a cutie (long...8 minute) video of her life thus far! I'll have to put it on here.
Andie and I ventured out in the nice weather several times in January-- we went to Catawba river with dad, couple of parks around the area, a small hike in Fort Mill...
Her personality has sure come out a lot. She is a very happy and smiley baby. Loves attention and being around people and still so observant. She is a smart little baby and is currently crawling everywhere and started pulling herself up on things. Calv calls her 'little puppy' because she crawls and follows us around with usually a sock in her mouth that she pulled off.
She is babbling a lot and can repeat momma and dadda and baba.
She also started waving! It's the cutest and has already got a lot of people waving back to her in public.
We also went to the Lucky Leaf with dad and then Liz and Christine came up to visit for a couple days. It was so fun getting some much needed girl times. So many laughs and fun memories.

Unfortunately she came down with a cold a week or so again and last night it turned into vomiting, diarrhea, and a fever. We went to doctor today and hopefully she'll fight it off in a couple days but it is so hard to see her like this! But we do love the extra snuggles from her.

About 10 days ago my dad had a flair up with his blood clots in his right leg. I'm not going to go in to that much detail but it has been very very painful for him. Many prayers and fasting for his recovery. It has strengthened me to know that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs, fears, hopes etc. It is truly a personal relationship we can have with Him that is very comforting and a source for peace.

I was in a cycling class this evening at the YMCA while calv watched the baby. At the end of our grueling 55 minutes the instructor talked about the Savior and how he is a gift to the world and that we should all know that He is there for us and is the only way. I was so appreciative that she shared her faith as I needed the extra strength. I love the South for it's many faithful people and friends that lift me up and help me open up about my beliefs and to share in the joy of Christ.

I liked one thing she relayed in particular...

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of it's sorrow, it empties today of it's strength" 

Being as anxious as I am all the time, this really hit home for me. Every day is such a gift and it reminds me of all the blessings I have received from a Heavenly Father that knows us individually. 

We have had a great start to the new year, and although life does come with challenges, I am so happy to share so many experiences with amazing friends and family.  



The most perfect baby girl Quinn Elise was born to my older brother and SIL on January 16! She is a new light in my life!