Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November

I wanted to hop on the bandwagon before it was too late(never too late) and name some things that I have been thankful for. All the usuals of course...

I am thankful for my Calvin.  He is my best friend and he makes me laugh my way through life.  I am so happy that I have such a positive influence with me all the time.

I am thankful for my parents! My mom and I are just the best of friends.  She's the first one I call for most everything and she keeps me laughing too.  My dad has always been my biggest example. He is one for the record books.

I am thankful for Jesus Christ.  I have always had a simple testimony that I know he understands my deepest thoughts, fears and struggles. Life is to be happy and He is the reason I can be better tomorrow.

I am thankful for my family.  My immediate and my in laws. I have been blessed with great people surrounding me. Although distance separates most everyone, I think about them often and they are the reason for a lot of good things in my life.

I am thankful for food. I love chocolate and I love salt and vinegar chips and I love cheetos and I can go on for ages, but I won't torture myself.  I haven't been dealt the 'best metabolism' hand in life...so moderation for me. (i try)

I am thankful for running. I wasn't always, but it really is my answer to many problems.

I am thankful for real life.  I say that as a 'playful' jab at society these days.  The days and moments that matter aren't the ones made for the eyes of social media. I know this subject is different for a lot of people, but for myself I feel like I enjoy the simple real life moments with no documentation. It's hard when you usually see life through a lens but I try and recognize the moments that are best kept with mental pictures.

I am thankful for friends. I would never describe myself as someone having a lot of friends, but the ones I do have I wouldn't trade for anything. Soul mates for life...and they love food...just like me.

I am thankful for music, nike frees (running shoes), my home, charlotte, my education, my job, calvin's job, my costco rug, costco hot dogs, target, basketball, pumpkin soup, vegetables, cafe rio (I love you).

This list does go on and on but i'll keep the rest to myself.